Saturday, November 20, 2010

The European Pilgrimage

I was just guessing at numbers and figures 
pulling the puzzles apart 
Coldplay 


The concept of day before leaving keeps teasing my subconscious, so here I am with a new entry before flying back (is back the right word anyway?) to San Diego. Online check-in, baggage optimization, tedious checklists & co are yet to be done, but I can still handle a little update.

Rome welcomed me (back?) in October with a cold and sunny weather, which happens to be my favorite combo. I got over the jetlag right on time and passed the admission test for a PhD at Roma Tre University! Then I went (back?) to Amsterdam and fell in love again with the city, no matter how rainy or windy it is. Spent two weeks at the NCC working in preparation for the RIPE meeting, had a great time with old and new people. Finally flied (back?) to Rome and attended RIPE61 in a fancy venue called Westin Excelsior; also contributed giving a small talk at the MAT working group about the stuff I did at CAIDA, gathered precious feedback and interest in my work, collected business cards, got a clearer picture about future projects and collaborations. And had a crazy blast at the social events...

Time to go. See you at the next eve!

(Westin Excelsior, Rome.)

No comments: